Tuesday 29 June 2010

Pet Insurance – 18 Questions You Need To Ask

If you are looking to purchase pet insurance there are 18 questions that you should ask yourself in order to get the right policy from the right insurance provider.

1. What animals does the insurance provider insure?

2. Does the insurance provider have an age limit?

3. What is the policy excess?

4. Will the insurance provider cover existing conditions?

5. Does the insurance provider cover the cost of neutering?

6. Does the insurance provider cover pets abroad, if so how long for?

7. How can I pay for my policy?

8. Is there any advantage to paying my premiums monthly by Direct Debit?

9. Does the insurance provider cover dental work i.e. teeth cleaning, extraction?

10. Does claiming affect my premium the following year?

11. Are hereditary and/or congenital conditions covered?

12. Do I have to pay the vet and you reimburse me?

13. What should I do if I don't want you to send me any marketing material?

14. How do I cancel my policy?

15. How do I know if my cover has been accepted?

16. What do I do if my pet is missing?

17. What do I do if my pet is involved in an accident?

18. What is the claims number?

No comments: